As an application developer, I would like to contribute additional information to the existing topology view, so that I can provide user with a seamless integration of information from the platform and from my application.
Client-side TopologyOverlayService would allow apps to register overlay extension to the Topology View:
- extension id (url friendly)
- extension glyph
- enable & disable callbacks
Each such extension gets its own toggle button in the toolbar using the supplied glyph. The overlay enable/disable callbacks will get invoked when button is toggled. This would be a button-set (radio behaviour) on the tool-bar.
URL hash, should allow for enabling desired overlays.
Other related stories:
- title for the overlay
- summary pane: replace content with custom title and properties
- device, link & host detail pane: tailor properties (remove default ones and add custom ones)
- device, link & host detail pane: and action glyphs
- device & host rendering: callback to render badges
- link rendering: callback to add label and/or end-point badges