Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 1.5.0, 1.5.1, 1.6.0, 1.5.2, 1.7.0
Floodlight controller is unable to parse the error messages send by the ovs switches for the cases packet size is less than or equal to 64.
In this issue what I observed is, when ovs switch rejects the flow mod messages , it truncates the data to less than 64. When truncation happens match and action part of the messages are eliminated. The data length part in the switch remains unchanged (> 64 ) as in flowmod message even though the exact length of the bytes are <= 64. Because of this miss match, floodlight controller apis are unable tp parse messages.
Steps I followed:
1. Created a single,2 topology and assigned the switch to controller
2. Modified the flow limit to 3 in flow table
3. By default switch will have 3 flows (arp,lld and bddp)
4. Tred to create one more flow using onos rest api.
5. Switch rejected the flow with error type=flowmodfailed and reason as Table-full
6. Onos aleady have the code to handle the flowmodfailed, but parsing was failed because of the above mentioned reasons.
|11174,8||Fix for ONOS-4803. Issue with of error msg parsing by flood light.||onos-1.6||onos||Status: MERGED||+2||+1|
|11391,1||Fix for ONOS-4803. Issue with of error msg parsing by Loxi OpenFlow API.||onos-1.6||onos||Status: ABANDONED||0||0|
|11454,1||Fix for ONOS-4803. Issue with of error msg parsing by flood light.||onos-1.7||onos||Status: MERGED||+2||+1|
|11455,1||Fix for ONOS-4803. Issue with of error msg parsing by flood light.||master||onos||Status: MERGED||+2||+1|