0. Test setup
I tested it manually, on VMware fusion (8.5.3) with a bridged>autodetect network adapter, running on macOS 10.12.3, on my laptop, connected to the onlab wi-fi network.
1. It takes a long time to start up - after I hit return it hangs for a long time. No network activity is observed.
2. Eventually it started up, but DHCP configuration failed.
In general, I notice that DHCP doesn't seem to be working particularly well with the bridged interface. Sometimes when I would restart the VM, the DHCP phase of PXE booting would fail.
3. I retried DHCP configuration and it worked.
4. The installation proceeded as expected for a while.
5. The installation halted with a "Partition disks" dialog and a "write changes to disk?" question:
6. I hit <Yes> manually, and it continued.
7. Eventually it rebooted.
8. I was able to log in with the user name/password you gave me, but that should probably be documented.
9. There were Applications and Downloads directories.
10. Java 8 was installed as expected.
11. git wasn't installed, and the ONOS source tree was missing; Mininet was also not installed.